Tuesday, March 12, 2013

UNFINISHED ENTRY: First Halloween

I had only seen one kid, dressed up as spiderman, walking between his parents on my run. It seemed I wouldn't miss too many of the trick-or-treaters becuase I decided to go for a run in the late evening. And how could I!? Me and Billy actually had a door on a house in a neighborhood where there were little kids that would definitely come knocking, and we had a heaping bowl of candy just waiting for them to walk the crumbly concrete sidewalk up to our yellow house on the corner.

I ran up 450 North, passing Roman Gardens where Billy used to live and turning onto 1100. I dodged the root of the old stump growing next to the chain link fence, and ran the winding corner. I passed the brown house with blue shutters and crossed the street at the intersection of our house. After running past the dying lawn, I sprinted the last 50 feet to the doorstep and

No comments:

Post a Comment